Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Week #2 - what?!

This summer is escaping me!

My second full week is over and I'm nervous! My checklist has barely been ticked off and I'm counting down the days - while forgetting the days.

Below are three unexpected teacher summer living effects:

  1. It has already happened, as alluded to previously, I've gone an entire day not knowing what day of the week it is and not needing to know. 
  2. I have forgotten an arranged evening meeting, but thankfully a last minute e-mail reminder got me there. 
  3. I have started sleeping in much later than I had ever thought possible. 

This may sound heavenly for some, and no, I am not complaining. These were simply some adjustments that my body and routine naturally made without asking permission.

So, I'm back to it. I have found a calendar to stick on my wall, so I know the difference between a Tuesday and a Friday! I have written out my To-Do, To-See, To-Explore, and To-Learn lists and will check them off as I move through my lovely summer days.

(I have realized that I need to stop searching up things to do in and around Orlando because my list is getting more exciting and lengthy! Orlando is more than Mickey and Shamu!)

In truth, I have had some great experiences and explorations so far, on my own and with some pretty amazing people. I just can't let my lazy-summer-teacher life overwhelm the Florida fun I have planned.

Oh, and Florida - is HOT!



No comments:

Post a Comment