Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

An Adventure to Repeat

As I created my summer list, I did so with the realization that some things may not be worth the time or money - at all.

I try to be careful with how and where I spend my money, so in creating my list the majority of line items are free or teacher-free. Some adventures are not free, but I wanted to have the experience - good or bad, it will be an experience!

Yesterday's adventure was not free and it was worth every penny.

For those who know me well, know that I not only love the sun, but I love water. I love being on water or near water. I love smelling water and feeling water. To be clear, I am referring to actual, natural water - not that in my glass or shower - for my cheeky friends among the readers.

My afternoon and early evening was spent in a suburb north of Orlando - Winter Park. I took a lovely boat tour through canals that were created to link of a number of small lakes - the Chain of Lakes. The estates on the lakes' shores were amazing. The day was beautiful, with only a bit of rain. The canals were romantic. The lakes were calm. Skipper Dan was "old man" funny.

The city of Winter Park was delightful. Many little boutiques and unique restaurants, cafes, and winerys. I discovered, whilst there, that I can take the train to avoid the ever-loathed I-4 traffic. Next time!

Here is the second half of my day in pictures:







(click on this one!)



No comments:

Post a Comment