Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Because of the Sun

Leaving the house this morning, I smiled. It was noticeably lighter outside. Snow was melting off the roof making puddles on the driveway. It was "warm". Did I even hear a chirping bird?

My heart tried to convince me that these were sure signs of an early Spring. However, my brain knows that a) I'm in Michigan, and b) It's January. Spring, and signs of this lovely season are a long way off. The little flitter of hope was nice, though.

After some gray, rainy moments throughout the day, the sun shone clearly when I left school at 4pm. It was 40 degrees warmer than it was one week ago. I was sure it'd be a good day for a run. Outside. Finally.
(Please note that my last outdoor run was New Years Day. Outside. In South Carolina.)


Forty degrees warmer means it was actually 40F. Not warm. Not even warm(ish). I'm a wuss. My fingers were frozen long after the run was over. Even after a hot shower I was shivering. Yes, I have run in colder weather and worse conditions. I'm just not ready for it yet. However, starting next week I don't have a choice.

Remember this moment of time when I was excited about life and running and I decided it would be a great idea to register for a marathon? Well, my training schedule begins next Sunday and I do not want to be the woman crying from boredom whilst running away the miles on the treadmill.

Time for this little (well, "big and strong" some say!) to grow up, pull herself together, and get out and run!


No comments:

Post a Comment