Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Money Motivates

I can currently do random 5k runs here and there. In fact I was supposed to do one this past Saturday, but a series of events kept me from doing this. Thursday I did a 5k trial run, just to be sure my body still knew what running was - it did.

My motivation to run is about as high as my motivation to pay any bill that lands in my mail box. Both, if not followed through, have their respective consequences.

I want to run. I liked running when I did. Getting to that point again is my goal.

This may have been a rash and stupid move, but today I registered for a half-marathon at the end of September. Um, yes, I already registered and yes, September 2011. It's a 5k times 4 and a half. Two hours of running.

I haven't done two hours straight of anything in a long time - apart from sleeping and sitting on a computer chair. (Not necessarily sleep on the computer chair...)

So if you have nothing else to do on September 24th and find yourself in the Holland area, come have a pleasant amble along the Lakeshore, grab a corn dog and enjoy the show!! One of us should :)

No comments:

Post a Comment