Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Greyt Show

Daily I receive an e-mail from Allies for Greyhounds of West Michigan. It includes greetings and updates from others who've adopted greyhounds, questions and answers regarding behaviour of their pets and upcoming animal friendly social events.

I was pleased to find that this Saturday was a 'meet & greet' at a local Farmers' Market, so I was happy to cart Si along as I filled my bag with cherry plums and green beans. Seeing two ladies hiding in the shade with 5 or 6 greyhounds swarming around them I surmised this must the Greyhound corner. (Quick, I know).

The following day an e-mail with this excerpt was distributed:

"Well our first meet and greet at this location went greyt. It was a little slow at first, but picked up later. … Vanessa stopped out with Silas, formerly Lonesome Hawk who is looking wonderful and entertained us all with his funny ears and nonstop tail."

Yep, I was proud of my little showman, who after greeting the others immediately laid down, as clearly the ten minute trip around the market wore him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment