Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Take Your Work Home

Today I purposefully took my work home, as I had my boss and his young family over for a taco-fest. Stories of bike rides around West Michigan, silly dog antics, international adventures and varying church practices filled my apartment as we shared in table fellowship together.

You may disagree, but I want to take my work home with me. I want to know my colleagues more and allow them to know me. I want my work to come home and sit around my table. I want my work to see Silas as he lazily does nothing all day. I want my work to kick off their shoes, put their feet up and tell their stories while not constrained by the timeclock.

I want my work to see photos of where I've been and who has formed me. I want my work to tell me stories and make me laugh a full belly laugh. I want my work not to need to watch their "p's and q's" in my small home.

Today, is the first of hopefully many 14 hour 'work' days which begins in the office in Grand Rapids and ends around my table in Grandville.

No comments:

Post a Comment