Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Don't bring anything home!"

These were the wise words of my dad before I left for today's trip to the pet shop nearby. He knows me and pets.

I was headed to a "meet & greet" for Allies for Greyhounds of West Michigan just down the road. These are greyhounds who have retired from racing, some after a few races or a few years, and now have 'no use'.

From what I've previously read and now following on from conversations with owners of these scrawny creatures and having "met and gret" some of the dogs, I'm convinced that someday you'll see Vanessa skipping down the trails of West Michigan with one of these strange looking but extremely well-mannered pensioners.No, I didn't come home with anything - not even a small anything... this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment