Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Triple Grrr with a Smile

My bike has successfully arrived from Prague via Edinburgh. (long story) Today I picked it up from the bike shop who over the weekend put it all back in to something that looks like a bike. While there I asked about a bike map for the area. There are none. Oh there WAS one, but that was years ago and they no longer exist. Grrr.

Throwing rubbish out in Prague was compartmentalised: plastic, paper, glass, tetra packs, metal, compost and general waste. It became second nature to place things in their separate colour-coded bins to be collected by our big trucked and smelly waste collectors. Outside my apartment is one large brown, throw-everything medal garbage tank. I'm told down the road I can recycle paper and cardboard. Plastic, glass, tin...? Grrr.

My little Honda will only take around 65$ for the little ding to be dinged back into place. I'm very happy for that. The bike shop took more from me for putting my bike back together. Grrr.

BUT, even with the triple-grrr above, I'm extremely happy. I had a wonderful evening bike ride exploring just a bit of my area. Sitting on my patio watched a hummingbird come to taste my hanging flowers, witnessed my chipmunk doing his evening chores and simply sat and enjoyed the beauty of nature around me. I'm happy and content and extremely thankful. (While ignoring the dirty dishes in the sink from Sunday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment