Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Some of Prague's hidden treasures

Prague is bursting with museums and galleries. In the last month I visited a number of them. Granted I don't get very excited about such things, but I do see their value and venture out for these experiences as much as possible.

Last Saturday I visited a small but colourful Charles Bridge Museum. I'm not sure it was worth the 150 CZK (8.60 USD) but I'm glad I went. AND included in the cost of the museum visit was an Espresso and a small strong drink in the Museum's cafe, which not all my readers would welcome. Nonetheless on a cold November day both drinks were appreciated - particularly because they were included in the price of this museum trip!The cake you see is much better looking then it tasted. Pistachio marzipan is not a particular dessert which ranks highly on my favourites. But this is the Czech dessert way - they look fantastic and taste, well, mediocre to put it mildly.

No comments:

Post a Comment