Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

No Going Back

Where did it come from? Did a perfectly normal strand of blonde hair get fed up with life and through depression and desperation cross over to the grayside? Or do the gray strands grow so quickly that it suddenly sprung from my scalp and overnight grew to the length of all its youthful colourful neighbours?

I don't know, oh dear, I don't know. All I know is that it was there! I was having a peacefully slow Saturday morning. My home smelt like a fresh cup of coffee and I was comfortably shuffling around in bathrobe and slippers, when I noticed it. It was not blonde, nor a bit of the reddish which sometimes appears (naturally or not) and it certainly wasn't the classic boring brown strand hidden in the locks surrounding my sleepy but somewhat smiling face.

A serious investigation needed to take place. Upon stealthily and steadily removing the intruder and laying it gingerly on a dark investigation table - yes, it was gray and yes, it was mine.

Last year was the discovery of a wrinkling brow and this year the invasion of unyouthful hues amongst my curling head of hair. I'm frightened for next year's aged milestone...

No comments:

Post a Comment