Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

It Continues...

You will recall my day's journey of visa preparation earlier this month. A second stage of the saga took place this last week. Leaving from IBTS on the 05.19 bus on a Thursday morning to catch a train to Dresden, Germany is not my favoured way to start a day - but knowing that this is one step closer to finally securing the long-awaited for visa kept me from complaining too loudly.

It's a looooong tedious story to explain why this trip to Germany was needed, though basically there was a mistake in the renewal process over a year ago and various factors have contributed to the delay up to this point. Nonetheless, endless paperwork, office visits and interviews have just about brought me to the point of surrender.

I guess these offices simply don't understand that:
a) I'm not trying to mess them about
b) I love my job in Prague
c) I still adore their country
d)I'm helping their economy by regularly visiting their local hospodas!

Unfortunately, those questions don't appear on any of the application forms nor arise in the interviews.

Three more months of waiting and hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment