Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Week of Waiting

Being confident that Sunday morning at 0900 hours I would be registering to run a marathon at the end of May, my mind went to a happy, gluttonous place. My mouth followed.
Training for a marathon, I'm told, will put me in the best shape of my life. In light of this, I thought I would have a final hurrah for my taste buds by eating and drinking consumables that I'm not sure I even missed, but were sure nice to indulge in.

However, as noted earlier, the great run registration has been delayed ~ not good for two reasons.

Firstly, it has given me too much time to contemplate my sanity in having earlier decided that running a marathon was a good idea. I'm tempted to bypass this whole endeavor.

Secondly, it has given me seven more days to look ahead a few months to when I will be in the "best shape of my life", and thus have been eating without borders. Ugh. And I feel it ~ gross and heavy. This coupled with the blizzard and piles of snow on my running paths has kept me indoors and doing very little. Even visiting the gym has been dull and close to effortless.
This evening, apart from some nice red wine, I've changed my course and won't imbibe so freely and consequently continue to lose whatever level of fitness I may have achieved from my earlier running activities.

So, tomorrow morning, early morning, I'm off to the gym. Not a chance of running outside with our current Michigan Winter Wonderland. And we'll see what happens on Registration Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment