Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

2012-2013 Transition

Just a month ago I was sitting in my little Honda as I took a little road trip to celebrate the New Year. Not having the finances to fly somewhere warm, I looked through my "Facebook" friends to see whom I could visit within driving distance, announced my plans, and plotted my adventure.

It was a fun journey, as I drove south a few hours and stayed the first evening with my aunt and uncle in Indiana. We told stories, talked "teaching, looked at photos, and laughed. Unexpectantingly, I was able to visit Sunday morning church with them the next day, which was an excellent way to start the rest of my trip.

A wonderful drive through the mountains (and a few other states) brought me to Black Mountain, North Carolina, where I met up with an amazing couple whom I had not seen since (my first!) college days in 2001. Their small town was incredible and one that I immediately decided I could move to and maybe should!
We laughed and talked and made plans for New Year 2014!

Our New Years and Pre-New Years' celebrations had us meeting up with some intriguing folks:

  • Roberto Riviera, restauranteer turned philosopher and carpenter
  • Bookstore Rob, who would have won an ugly sweater contest with Jonesy the Tibetan Shar Pei
  • Ben "Belgium", writer, lawyer, preacher, bicyclist...
  • Paul, who could be homeless, the French Revolutionist.
  • Salvadore Graziano, Bohemian, Italian hammer dulcimer street musician
  • Deviant Dale, limit two... usually
  • ... and more!
On New Years Day I began my journey home and was delighted to be able to stop in Kentucky to visit my cousin, her husband and adorable child! Though a short visit, it was refreshing to see them again - and their son for the first time. 

Well, there was my few moments of reminiscing over the moments when I said farewell to 2012 and welcomed 2013 with smiles and delight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment