Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cross-eyed Cutie

I accompanied my slender, four-legged little friend for his regular pedi/manicure treatments on this lovely Friday afternoon.

Upon entering the salon (aka Petsmart), the overly energetic welcomer commented on Silas' perky and peculiar ears as we trotted our way across the tiled floor to register for his appointment.

Following his ordeal with the salonist which always includes trembling, panting and attempted escapes (by Silas!); we sauntered through the aisles, grabbed a few forgive-me-snacks and made our way to the cashier.

The welcome-girl-turned-cashier smiled innocently and asked if all greyhounds' eyes were set like Silas'. Expecting another positive remark about my handsome companion, I replied 'Yes". To which she remarked, "It's very strange, he's like a cross-eyed cutie."

And how does one respond to that?!

1 comment: