Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Day to Me

One year has passed since I first sat behind my desk in the south hall at Calvin Theological Seminary.

I've gone through two fish and have since gained two more. Countless bags of Starbursts and Twizzlers have been eaten by visitors wandering by and through. A number of colleagues have seen my little abode and more have been introduced to Si. These among a number of other things characterize the last 365 days in SM 126S.

Today's activities added to the story. This week is extremely quiet since a large majority of the students and faculty will not appear on campus because of Spring Break. Whilst they bask in warm weather somewhere other than Michigan, my coworkers and I find things to keep our spirits high.

Last Friday, I realized that this week I will have been working for one full year at Calvin, which definitely calls for somekind of party. I then invited all to a "surprise picnic party for V to celebrate her one year of employment at CTS" (Calvin Theological Seminary). Yes, it's weird and a touch narcissistic, but hey, it was fun!

Too cold to actually have a picnic, we enjoyed picnic-like food indoors with baked beans, macaroni salad and my all time favorite sausages (bratwursts) to all be finished off with cake and ice-cream.

Though clearly not a surprise since I organized it and sent out the e-mail.., my friends did surprise me with a table full of gifts. Knowing these people as I do, I knew not to get too excited about the possible contents of the packages.

See below.
(I apologize for the blurriness, the photographer later complained that I moved too much. Clearly he was right.)




I really don't know how to explain... Basically I'm wearing layers of other people's clothes given to me as gifts by loving colleagues. And yes, this included maternity shorts. I don't know either.

No comments:

Post a Comment