Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Perfect Gift

Arriving home from work on Friday, I found a new phonebook waiting underneath the mailboxes for each of the residents. Not remembering the last time I actually looked at a phonebook, I brought the orange plastic bag and its contents home, released Si from his cage and offloaded my work related accoutrements.

Over the last few months, I've probably spent hours investigating and choosing quite deliberately which toys I thought would be the most engaging for my little greyhound. Usually with little success.

This week the ideal object of entertainment was discovered. Silas, my 'nothing gets me excited' greyhound went absolutely crazy over this postal service delivery. Ripping into the bag, tearing the phonebook(s) apart, and throwing the respective pieces all over the room.

This kept him occupied for quite some time and I regret not videoing his moments of exuberance. And in classic Silas mode when he felt all had been successfully torn, slobbered, chewed and scattered he collapsed contentedly in the middle of it all.






2 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos. And isn't the exuberance of a dog a marvelous thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Ruth. He's so much fun to have around. He's not the crazy energetic type, but is just enough for me!

    ReplyDelete