Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa Sighting

Every year at this time he appears in shopping centres and parades, on television and magazine covers. This weekend I had my 2009 encounter with the famous jolly fellow.

My parents and I (along with many other parents and their children) took the 'Santa train' this past Saturday beginning and ending in the small city of Coopersville.

Mr Claus made his appearance with his pointy eared elf on the small train in which under two hours, the Big C heard each child's Christmas wish, a Christmas story was told by a teenage Miss Coopersville 2008 and young five year old Landon was told to sit down one hundred and thirteen times by his frustrated parents.

All in all a good trip, concluding with our taking advantage of the coupon on the back of our train tickets for a pizza place in Coopersville.

St Nick and his elfess greeting the train passengers.


Me, the oldest 'child' on the train, with our Conductor (Tom), who I'm convinced was actually the real Santa undercover.

My wonderful parents on the Santa Express.


2 comments: