Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Have you seen me?

"Hello! I'm red, soft-sided, durable, not at all new and smell of German sausages.

Oh, did I mention I love to travel - and to my own time schedule."

Yep, I've arrived to the winter-wonderland of West Michigan. The trip was a long one during which I was transported by taxi (1), plane (2), bus (2), train (1), underground (1), foot (many), airport shuttle (2) and an old green Alero (1).

Half-way through the trip my luggage had had enough and decided to spend a day among the French speaking population of our globe before making its entrance to Michigan.

The last three times I've visited the US of A, my luggage had its own independent adventure.

The first was on my return trip to Prague from visiting my wonderful nephew on the West Coast in 2006 - my bag followed me two weeks later. Yes, two weeks - I had given up hope by then.

The second was a trip to see my parents a year and a half ago when my case never appeared on the baggage carousel in Grand Rapids. Upon tracking my bag I learned that when it did arrive the next day a confused old man took it home with him. He then showed up at my parents' door to return it with great apology.

The third - this trip. I think I could fill out these lost baggage claim forms with my eyes closed!

More to come regarding my Christmas Michigan adventures - don't worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment