Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Watch out Jamie and Julia


In the last few weeks, my kitchen has produced:
  • Hummus - a bit too garlicky for others, but perfect for me.
  • Bagels - a long process, but fun to succeed in making them (too many and still have some in the freezer!)
  • Grilled chicken and asparagus pasta salad - yum.
  • Cream of Asparagus soup - okay, know how to better it for next time.
  • Bacon and cheesy chicken - you can't go wrong with those ingredients, ever!
  • Rhubarb and strawberry crumble/cobbler - absolutely delicious, even with my own modifications - it disappeared quickly.
  • Coffee cake - yummy with an adapted brown sugar topping.
  • Omelets - constituted of various leftovers - edible and satisfying
  • Strawberry chocolate brownie bits - tasty for those who like this kinda thing - I prefer the old fashioned brownies.

There's something about standing in my kitchen and tossing various vegetables, fruits, powders and liquids together to create something impressive to my taste-buds which simply makes me happy. I'm still learning and maybe I experiment too much rather than following recipes, but it's still fun.

If you plan to visit, let me know a day ahead and I'll think up some kind of crazy food which you may enjoy. (I'll always have a frozen pizza and ice cream in the freezer, just in case!)

I haven't yet tried homemade pizza, actually... perhaps that's next! Come over and have a bite!

4 comments:

  1. Did you make all of that yourself? Doesn't sound like that from my previous experiences in your Praha kitchen, he he.. Wondrous transformations...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa! So fun to find you here! And I have a great recipe for pizza crust! Let me know if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Linas - these are created from my little kitchen, it's fun!

    And YES, Liz, I'd love your pizza crust recipe - after all I already stole your bagel one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! That's great about the bagels...I need to make some more today I think. Here's the link to the pizza crust recipe. So good! Enjoy!
    http://nlkamper.blogspot.com/2010/05/friday-night-pizza-night.html

    ReplyDelete